I am a father, a software engineer, a pianist, a dancer, and an over-thinker.
Posts I'd like to highlight
On computers and computing
- How can 32-bit architectures handle numbers larger than the maximum value of a 32-bit integer?
- On writing C++ as if it were Java
- Contrived schemes for environments that can behave as though they "solve" the halting problem
- My first and so-far only Vim plugin, which was not even written by me
- On a feature of an obscure fork of a Vim plugin that I wish would be supported natively by Vim
- On the history of
On popular culture
- What the heck is going on in Janelle Monáe's Metropolis suites?
- Is Miracle Max's assertion that "as everyone knows, to blathe means to bluff" true?
- What does the Joker mean by "Whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you stranger"?
- On silent films and film scores
- On hilariously fishy artists on music-streaming-services
- On religion, critical thinking, freedom, and good parenting
- On prescriptivism and descriptivism (yeah, I know this wasn't well received by the English.SE community, but I stand by it)
- On the distinctions between different ways of saying "a lot" of information
- How to play difficult piano music
- How to play difficult music on any instrument
- Some music theory about the piano's black notes and white notes
With all those links above I'm now out of room :/
- Stack Overflow 14.4k 14.4k 44 gold badges6262 silver badges149149 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 1.9k 1.9k 1212 silver badges2323 bronze badges
- Super User 1.4k 1.4k 22 gold badges1212 silver badges3636 bronze badges
- The Workplace 1.1k 1.1k 66 silver badges88 bronze badges
- Movies & TV 1.1k 1.1k 11 gold badge77 silver badges2020 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 248 git diff file against its last change
- 78 Should I stop flexing my working hours?
- 72 Is gmail-to-gmail still insecure? Why?
- 71 Why does Python in Linux require the line #!/usr/bin/python?
- 55 Disable Win+Space keyboard-layout switch in Windows 10
- 38 Why was Marvin called "the paranoid android"?
- 37 How to print to console when using Qt
- View more network posts →