I'm a geek, a role-player and a biker.
I work for Diamond Light Source, developing open source scientific software for the UK national synchrotron facility. In the past I have worked in the robotics, mechatronics and laser micro-machining industries.
Oxford, United Kingdom
Member for 7 years, 10 months
158 profile views
Last seen Dec 16 '18 at 10:23
Top network posts
- 235 Why is 80 characters the 'standard' limit for code width?
- 110 How can I run the Pi on Solar Power?
- 102 Is micro-optimisation important when coding?
- 90 What other hidden or inobvious RSS feeds are available on Stack Exchange and its sites?
- 87 Real differences between "java -server" and "java -client"?
- 85 Is it worthwhile to write unit tests for scientific research codes?
- 77 How can I extend the life of my SD card?
- View more network posts →
Top tags (15)
21 NEW! Vote for the Name of this Proposal. NOW! Jul 20 '13
10 What should we call this proposal? Jul 13 '12
9 What is the etiquette over proposal name changes? Nov 22 '11
9 How does Readers differ from Literature? May 8 '12
9 Restarting the E-books proposal: a rallying cry Oct 16 '12