Daddy, Linux Guy, Bicyclist, Tinkerer, Fixer & Breaker of things.
I work as a Senior SYstem Engineer at the National Energy Research Scientific Computing Center (NERSC) Division at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (LBNL) in Berkeley, CA.
Father of 3 cute children. Yes I'm a sysadmin and a parent.
Heavy user of CentOS, RHEL & FreeBSD for production services at work. I also run Ubuntu at home, for the simplicity. I'm a fan of Apache HTTP Server, Nagios & Cacti.
Original proposer of unix.stackexchange.com (Yes, this proposal predated askubuntu.com, and I wish they would have merged with the Unix proposal.).
- Server Fault 15.7k 15.7k 3232 gold badges114114 silver badges172172 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 11k 11k 33 gold badges2020 silver badges3434 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 9.4k 9.4k 2020 gold badges6262 silver badges8080 bronze badges
- Area 51 3.1k 3.1k 33 gold badges11 silver badge1818 bronze badges
- Ask Ubuntu 2.5k 2.5k 55 gold badges2222 silver badges3232 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 949 How can I write a heredoc to a file in Bash script?
- 259 Colorizing your terminal and shell environment?
- 149 linux: How can I view all UUIDs for all available disks on my system?
- 139 SSH use only my password, Ignore my ssh key, don't prompt me for a passphrase
- 121 How can I populate a file with random data?
- 117 How can I see Time-To-Live (TTL) for a DNS record?
- 94 Gmail & Google Docs: Paste just the text, not the formatting (Firefox, Safari)
- View more network posts →