Real Name: Matthew Frank. My background is in parallel computer architecture. I was on a team that built one of the first manycore processors. I've written runtime systems, operating systems and parallelizing compilers. I taught digital design, computer architecture and operating systems classes at a large land-grant university in the midwestern United States for a few years. I am currently working on programming tools for multi-core and GPGPU.
My old academic web page is still active if you are interested in seeing what I used to work on: http://ipa.ece.illinois.edu/pubs.php.
Member for 5 years, 9 months
21 profile views
Last seen Feb 22 '16 at 18:46
Top Network Posts
- 78 Why does a processor have 32 registers?
- 49 Time complexity of a compiler
- 42 How do I use a boost condition variable to wait for a thread to complete processing?
- 29 why do I need std::condition_variable?
- 26 What does the processor do while waiting for a main memory fetch
- 23 Contrasting Peterson’s and Dekker’s algorithms
- 20 Using humans as components to build a computer?
- View more network posts →