We are running a survey at https://bit.ly/mse-survey to hear about the use of GAP (https://www.gap-system.org/), directly or via SageMath (https://www.sagemath.org/; also known as Sage), and via CoCalc (https://cocalc.com/; formerly known as SageMathCloud) in education (including training of professional researchers). Please help us to collect information and send the link to this survey to anyone you know who may be using these software systems in their teaching.
My hobby is to answer questions about GAP (http://www.gap-system.org/, Twitter:@gap_system), a system for discrete computational algebra. I am also the author of the Software Carpentry lesson "Programming with GAP" which provides hands-on introduction for GAP beginners.
Asking GAP questions at Mathematics Q&A site, please use the tag (gap), following these suggestions. Please note that there are well-established support channels for GAP users such as GAP Forum and GAP Support where your question might be noticed quicker by a larger number of GAP users and developers of GAP and its packages; therefore, dependently on your question, GAP Forum and GAP Support may be more suitable places for posting it.
- Mathematics 5.9k 5.9k 22 gold badges2727 silver badges6666 bronze badges
- Area 51 881 881 1919 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 380 380 22 silver badges2121 bronze badges
- Academia 213 213 11 silver badge1313 bronze badges
- MathOverflow 109 109 11 gold badge11 silver badge55 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 23 Most wanted reproducible results in computational algebra
- 16 Which resources are available to self-study GAP?
- 12 Proof that the Rubik’s Cube group is 2-generated
- 12 How to check in GAP whether two groups are isomorphic
- 10 How do I substitute a value into a polynomial in GAP?
- 10 Embedding as a subgroup
- 10 Novel approaches to elementary number theory and abstract algebra
- View more network posts →