Computer Scientist, Algorithm Enthusiast.
Write every post as if to help a million people (or at least a few thousand).
That's indeed not how you spell "duck".
Area51 is for new Stack Exchange site proposals
The "should I answer this" checklist:
- Does this question adhere to the site rules?
- Has no version of this question ever been asked before?
- Does it seem plausible that others may have the same question in future?
- Will (at least some of) those people be able to find this question?
- Will I be able to answer in a way that helps those people?
- Will my answer teach the asker something instead of just solving their immediate problem and leaving them unable to figure out how to solve the same issue the next time they get it?
- Does the question seem well-intentioned?
- How do I write a good answer to a question?
- Post a Minimal, Complete, and Verifiable example
- Stick around for a while after asking a question to answer comments
- Pop in every now and again to tend to responses at least until you have an accepted answer
- Don't be a help vampire. (My) summary:
- Give enough details so the question is answerable. We're not psychic
- Don't ask for a program to be written for you
- Aim to learn, don't just look for an answer
- Look elsewhere for the answer before asking a question
- Question checklist
- How much research effort should go into your question
- What should I do when someone answers my question?
- Be kind
- Format properly
- Don't down-vote minor issues like minor syntax errors that you can easily fix yourself. When downvoting answers, preferably comment and don't leave straight away - give some time for it to be fixed
- Don't robo-approve in review
Member for 6 years, 6 months
45 profile views
Last seen Aug 24 at 10:10
Top network posts
Top tags (11)
5 Shorter proposals and referral links May 5 '13
4 Suggested name change to Artificial Intelligence Mar 6 '13
4 What's in it for me? Mar 3 '14
3 Closing of non-duplicate puzzles Mar 6 '13
1 Is the scope of this proposal too broad? Aug 29 '13
1 Add Aliens as a new tag since its AREA-51 Feb 2 '14
0 Possibility: Contests for Algorithms, Pedagogy May 27 '13