I am a Full Professor with Glaciology as my primary research field and work mainly on ice dynamics and glacier-climate relationships. I teach at all university levels. In my department I am responsible for the research education and teach research methodology to PhD students. I am also Editor-in-Chief of an international ISI listed journal.
For Tex.sx: My history with LaTeX essentially started when I was introduced to TeX as a graduate student. I produced my thesis in a home (some would say half) baked TeX format. After a hiatus of some Word years I returned to LaTeX and have never looked back. I now try to implement all my documentation in LaTeX including university versions of beamer, beamerposter and letterheads (the U does not provide anything but Word templates).
LaTeX spawned my interest in type setting and I have spent time type setting books among others a popular science book on Glaciology. As Editor in Chief of an international journal I am working in collaboration with a professional LaTeX expert on implementing a LaTeX template for manuscripts and proof-ready layout. As head of graduate studies I am also trying to influence graduate students to work with LaTeX.
Contact? firstname dot lastname att natgeo dot su dot se
Member for 8 years, 2 months
1 profile view
Last seen Dec 14 '14 at 19:30
- Academia 69.9k 69.9k 1111 gold badges194194 silver badges327327 bronze badges
- TeX - LaTeX 6.7k 6.7k 88 gold badges4040 silver badges5353 bronze badges
- Earth Science 4.1k 4.1k 22 gold badges2727 silver badges5050 bronze badges
- Area 51 310 310 77 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 149 149 11 gold badge11 silver badge66 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 133 Dictionary for TeXstudio: “No dictionary Available”
- 88 Etiquette on sending a thank you e-mail to respondents who gave me helpful information
- 78 How to handle possibly subtly flirtatious emails from students?
- 73 Beamer: Creating a slide with short, centered, prominent text
- 54 Can two PhD students publish without involving their supervisors?
- 53 Should I use my university's letterhead for a cover letter for a job application?
- 52 How can I cite the same reference in successive sentences?
- View more network posts →