Mathematics Researcher. Main interests:
- physics based animation (deformable objects, kinematics)
- mathematics of CG applications (simulation, games, etc.)
- shader programming
- discrete differential geometry (manifold properties)
While you're here, please stop saying these two things
- quaternions avoid gimbal lock
- premature optimization
- gimbal lock is related to a mechanism, quaternions are just an algebraic/geometric description of an angle-axis rotation. So they do not avoid it since the mechanism itself cannot.
- if it's an optimization, if it's common sense, just implement it! Better do it now, than to look for it desperately later.
Member for 8 years, 8 months
0 profile views
Last seen Oct 11 '12 at 8:26
- Game Development 3.2k 3.2k 1515 silver badges3737 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 1.4k 1.4k 11 gold badge1717 silver badges3939 bronze badges
- Academia 569 569 66 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- Mathematics 373 373 11 gold badge33 silver badges1616 bronze badges
- Travel 263 263 22 silver badges77 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 27 What to do when the claims in a paper are proven to be wrong?
- 21 C# copy paste an image region into another image
- 16 Same destination, same departure airport, same departure hour, different flights
- 14 WPF intercept clicks outside a modal window
- 12 What is the best way to handle simultaneous collisions in a physics engine?
- 10 Calculating up-vector to avoid gimbal lock using euler angles
- 10 In a peer review system, what does "accepted for first look" mean for a submission?
- View more network posts →