I'm a Post-Doctoral Research Associate in atmospheric remote sensing at the University of Reading in Reading, England. I first came to Stack Exchange for practical reasons: Tex.SE has been of major help when I wrote my licentiate (midterm) thesis. Since then, I have discovered the joy of many websites. As my network profile will show, I'm interested in travel, outdoor, scientific skepticism, and as I work in academia, also in academia and LaTeX.
Member for 7 years, 6 months
105 profile views
Last seen Jan 20 at 21:09
- Travel 43.4k 43.4k 1414 gold badges114114 silver badges249249 bronze badges
- Politics 36.6k 36.6k 1111 gold badges103103 silver badges222222 bronze badges
- Academia 36.6k 36.6k 1313 gold badges112112 silver badges183183 bronze badges
- The Great Outdoors 23.9k 23.9k 1010 gold badges7171 silver badges173173 bronze badges
- Skeptics 16.7k 16.7k 1313 gold badges7373 silver badges126126 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 234 Why do American colleges and universities have sports teams?
- 193 Why prohibit engine braking?
- 141 `staticmethod` and `abc.abstractmethod`: Will it blend?
- 128 My car broke down in Siberia. What do I do now?
- 124 How hard do early-career academics in the United States work, really?
- 124 What options are left, if Britain cannot decide?
- 120 Why do students go for a PhD even when chances of getting academic jobs on its completion are slim?
- View more network posts →