I'm a Post-Doctoral Research Associate in atmospheric remote sensing at the University of Reading in Reading, England. I first came to Stack Exchange for practical reasons: Tex.SE has been of major help when I wrote my licentiate (midterm) thesis. Since then, I have discovered the joy of many websites. As my network profile will show, I'm interested in travel, outdoor, scientific skepticism, and as I work in academia, also in academia and LaTeX.
Member for 8 years, 1 month
106 profile views
Last seen Jul 15 at 10:29
- Travel 48.3k 48.3k 1515 gold badges127127 silver badges269269 bronze badges
- Academia 38.1k 38.1k 1414 gold badges117117 silver badges193193 bronze badges
- Politics 37.9k 37.9k 1212 gold badges105105 silver badges228228 bronze badges
- The Great Outdoors 24.6k 24.6k 1111 gold badges7474 silver badges175175 bronze badges
- Skeptics 17.1k 17.1k 1515 gold badges7676 silver badges131131 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 234 Why do American colleges and universities have sports teams?
- 196 `staticmethod` and `abc.abstractmethod`: Will it blend?
- 194 Why prohibit engine braking?
- 133 How hard do early-career academics in the United States work, really?
- 128 My car broke down in Siberia. What do I do now?
- 124 What options are left, if Britain cannot decide?
- 122 Why do students go for a PhD even when chances of getting academic jobs on its completion are slim?
- View more network posts →