I'm a Post-Doctoral Research Associate in atmospheric remote sensing at the University of Reading in Reading, England. I first came to Stack Exchange for practical reasons: Tex.SE has been of major help when I wrote my licentiate (midterm) thesis. Since then, I have discovered the joy of many websites. As my network profile will show, I'm interested in travel, outdoor, scientific skepticism, and as I work in academia, also in academia and LaTeX.
Member for 7 years, 8 months
106 profile views
Last seen Mar 8 at 8:48
- Travel 46.5k 46.5k 1414 gold badges125125 silver badges267267 bronze badges
- Politics 37.2k 37.2k 1212 gold badges104104 silver badges225225 bronze badges
- Academia 36.8k 36.8k 1414 gold badges114114 silver badges187187 bronze badges
- The Great Outdoors 24.4k 24.4k 1010 gold badges7171 silver badges175175 bronze badges
- Skeptics 16.8k 16.8k 1515 gold badges7474 silver badges128128 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 234 Why do American colleges and universities have sports teams?
- 195 Why prohibit engine braking?
- 158 `staticmethod` and `abc.abstractmethod`: Will it blend?
- 128 My car broke down in Siberia. What do I do now?
- 124 How hard do early-career academics in the United States work, really?
- 124 What options are left, if Britain cannot decide?
- 120 Why do students go for a PhD even when chances of getting academic jobs on its completion are slim?
- View more network posts →