I'm a Post-Doctoral Research Associate in atmospheric remote sensing at the University of Reading in Reading, England. I first came to Stack Exchange for practical reasons: Tex.SE has been of major help when I wrote my licentiate (midterm) thesis. Since then, I have discovered the joy of many websites. As my network profile will show, I'm interested in travel, outdoor, scientific skepticism, and as I work in academia, also in academia and LaTeX.
Member for 8 years, 4 months
106 profile views
Last seen Oct 2 at 12:07
- Travel 48.8k 48.8k 1515 gold badges130130 silver badges269269 bronze badges
- Politics 40k 40k 1212 gold badges111111 silver badges245245 bronze badges
- Academia 38.6k 38.6k 1414 gold badges117117 silver badges194194 bronze badges
- The Great Outdoors 25k 25k 1111 gold badges7777 silver badges178178 bronze badges
- Skeptics 17.3k 17.3k 1616 gold badges7777 silver badges132132 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 235 Why do American colleges and universities have sports teams?
- 226 `staticmethod` and `abc.abstractmethod`: Will it blend?
- 195 Why prohibit engine braking?
- 132 How hard do early-career academics in the United States work, really?
- 129 My car broke down in Siberia. What do I do now?
- 127 Generate password in python
- 124 What options are left, if Britain cannot decide?
- View more network posts →