I'm a scientist in atmospheric remote sensing at the Deutscher Wetterdienst in Offenbach, Hessen, Germany. I first came to Stack Exchange for practical reasons: Tex.SE has been of major help when I wrote my licentiate (midterm) thesis. Since then, I have discovered the joy of many websites. As my network profile will show, I'm interested in travel, outdoor, scientific skepticism, and as my work is related to academia, also in academia and LaTeX.
Profile photo by Dobromila, CC By-SA, via Wikimedia Commons
Top Network Posts
- 227 Why do American colleges and universities have sports teams?
- 187 Why prohibit engine braking?
- 127 My car broke down in Siberia. What do I do now?
- 118 How hard do early-career academics in the United States work, really?
- 112 Is this photo of Jeremy Corbyn and caption accurate?
- 112 Why so many people do a PhD even when chances of getting academic jobs on its completion are slim?
- 102 Sex worker/student offering her (legal) services
- View more network posts →