I'm a Post-Doctoral Research Associate in atmospheric remote sensing at the University of Reading in Reading, England. I first came to Stack Exchange for practical reasons: Tex.SE has been of major help when I wrote my licentiate (midterm) thesis. Since then, I have discovered the joy of many websites. As my network profile will show, I'm interested in travel, outdoor, scientific skepticism, and as I work in academia, also in academia and LaTeX.
Member for 8 years
106 profile views
Last seen May 15 at 15:32
- Travel 48.2k 48.2k 1515 gold badges127127 silver badges269269 bronze badges
- Politics 37.8k 37.8k 1212 gold badges104104 silver badges227227 bronze badges
- Academia 37.8k 37.8k 1414 gold badges117117 silver badges192192 bronze badges
- The Great Outdoors 24.5k 24.5k 1010 gold badges7474 silver badges175175 bronze badges
- Skeptics 17k 17k 1515 gold badges7575 silver badges131131 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 234 Why do American colleges and universities have sports teams?
- 194 Why prohibit engine braking?
- 191 `staticmethod` and `abc.abstractmethod`: Will it blend?
- 132 How hard do early-career academics in the United States work, really?
- 128 My car broke down in Siberia. What do I do now?
- 124 What options are left, if Britain cannot decide?
- 121 Why do students go for a PhD even when chances of getting academic jobs on its completion are slim?
- View more network posts →