I'm a Post-Doctoral Research Associate in atmospheric remote sensing at the University of Reading in Reading, England. I first came to Stack Exchange for practical reasons: Tex.SE has been of major help when I wrote my licentiate (midterm) thesis. Since then, I have discovered the joy of many websites. As my network profile will show, I'm interested in travel, outdoor, scientific skepticism, and as I work in academia, also in academia and LaTeX.
Member for 8 years, 2 months
106 profile views
Last seen Sep 1 at 9:30
- Travel 48.6k 48.6k 1515 gold badges130130 silver badges269269 bronze badges
- Politics 38.3k 38.3k 1212 gold badges105105 silver badges230230 bronze badges
- Academia 38.2k 38.2k 1414 gold badges117117 silver badges193193 bronze badges
- The Great Outdoors 24.8k 24.8k 1111 gold badges7474 silver badges177177 bronze badges
- Skeptics 17.2k 17.2k 1616 gold badges7676 silver badges132132 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 234 Why do American colleges and universities have sports teams?
- 207 `staticmethod` and `abc.abstractmethod`: Will it blend?
- 194 Why prohibit engine braking?
- 131 How hard do early-career academics in the United States work, really?
- 128 My car broke down in Siberia. What do I do now?
- 124 What options are left, if Britain cannot decide?
- 122 Why do students go for a PhD even when chances of getting academic jobs on its completion are slim?
- View more network posts →