Natural Language Processing and Computational Linguistics researcher, specializing in computational humour. PhD in Computer Science, MS in Linguistics, BASc in Software Engineering. Several years of industry work experience as a software developer and QA tester.
My favourite part of programming is the logical, algorithm thinking it takes to design or understand code. That's also what drew me to lingusitics. Currently I'm focusing on developing linguistically-motivated models for NLP tasks (something that's not as common in the NLP community as you may think).
- Linguistics 2.8k 2.8k 11 gold badge99 silver badges2424 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 2.8k 2.8k 11 gold badge1212 silver badges1919 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 416 416 11 gold badge33 silver badges77 bronze badges
- Area 51 363 363 88 bronze badges
- TeX - LaTeX 101 101 22 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 17 Why do we call some countries a different name than the people of that country?
- 15 How many "words" do I need to learn?
- 12 Do "only if..." and "if... only then..." have the same LF representation?
- 12 What research has been done on the effects of learning Esperanto on acquiring other languages?
- 9 N-way merge sort a 2G file of strings
- 8 Regex in Python does not mach string (but it does when checking on rubular)
- 8 how do you get the artist and song title from MediaPlayer?
- View more network posts →