"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplaces of existence. These little problems help me to do so." (Sherlock Holmes)
I sometimes enjoy embedding puns and subtle self-references into many of my answers and comments.
Remember, context is everything.
Member for 7 years, 11 months
19 profile views
Last seen Oct 11 '17 at 19:16
- English Language Learners♦ 107.7k 107.7k 99 gold badges146146 silver badges267267 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 56.5k 56.5k 55 gold badges8787 silver badges187187 bronze badges
- Academia 12.7k 12.7k 22 gold badges3434 silver badges5656 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 5k 5k 33 gold badges2020 silver badges2525 bronze badges
- Writing 1.1k 1.1k 55 silver badges99 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 269 Why are the Code of Conduct changes received so negatively, and what can / could have been done to change that?
- 245 Visually stunning math concepts which are easy to explain
- 200 Why does the multi-paragraph quotation rule exist?
- 119 In the sentence: "Drinking and driving IS dangerous", why does the verb "to be" need to be singular?
- 108 Upset by male classmates openly comparing female students according to physical appearance
- 100 Feedback post: Moderator review and reinstatement processes
- 93 "I often buy fruits when I go to the supermarket" – illogical?
- View more network posts →