Python Core Developer and principle author of:
- PEP 409 --
raise ... from Noneto suppress exception chaining
- PEP 435 --
Enum(and the implementation)
- PEP 461 --
Author of the best pure-python dbf library*!
Other possibly interesting packages (all are Python2/3 compatible, as is
aenum -- an Advanced Enumeration library that builds on the stdlib
antipathy -- a file path class that is derived from
unicode, so can be seamlessly passed to other functions that expect a
unicodeobject, while still allowing you to use more intuitive actions
pandaemonium -- a daemon framework with good debugging support and a built-in lockfile implementation
scription -- a library to aid writing command line scripts: includes support for separate arguments per sub-command, basic interaction with the user, executing sub-programs, being run SUID, etc
*I'm biased, of course.
Member for 9 years, 7 months
0 profile views
Last seen Oct 10 '16 at 19:16
- Stack Overflow 52.6k 52.6k 1616 gold badges127127 silver badges201201 bronze badges
- Code Review 597 597 44 silver badges88 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 514 514 22 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 346 346 11 silver badge88 bronze badges
- English Language Learners 316 316 44 silver badges88 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 463 Build a basic Python iterator
- 313 Convert string to Enum in Python
- 217 Convert datetime object to a String of date only in Python
- 208 What's the difference between a Python "property" and "attribute"?
- 190 What's the difference between globals(), locals(), and vars()?
- 163 What's the difference between globals(), locals(), and vars()?
- 118 __getattr__ on a module
- View more network posts →