What you need to know about me:
CTO at Ripple, the company behind the Ripple settlement network.
One of the original architects of the XRP Ledger system, the first to solve the crypto-currency double spend problem without requiring either a central authority or proof of work.
My alter ego is "JoelKatz" on the Bitcoin forums and other places.
Follow me on Twitter -- @JoelKatz.
Areas of expertise include cryptography, payment and settlement networks, advising fintech and emerging technology startups, and C++ programming.
Areas of interest include computers, aviation (both full scale and model/drone), basketball and football.
My wife and I have a blog, but it's only rarely updated.
- Stack Overflow 149.5k 149.5k 1616 gold badges160160 silver badges245245 bronze badges
- Super User 58.1k 58.1k 66 gold badges9090 silver badges139139 bronze badges
- Bitcoin 47.4k 47.4k 55 gold badges9898 silver badges166166 bronze badges
- Server Fault 29.4k 29.4k 11 gold badge4747 silver badges7575 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 9.5k 9.5k 22 gold badges3030 silver badges3939 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 214 When is std::weak_ptr useful?
- 214 Why is the size of my email about a third bigger than the size of its attached files?
- 202 How can a file size be zero?
- 172 What is thread contention?
- 136 Overwrite or override
- 134 Should I disable swap file if I have lots of RAM or should I move it to a virtual RAM drive?
- 129 What's the difference between “mod” and “remainder”?
- View more network posts →