I work as a quantitative researcher on the buy side, finding new sources of alpha and designing relative value models and trading strategies around them. I've dealt with practically all the major asset classes.
Presently at Lord Abbett, one of the oldest asset management firms to still actively innovate and push the envelope.
Previously at Parkcentral Capital Management, the hedge fund division of Perot Investments.
PhD in Economics from Princeton University.
SB in Economics from MIT.
I live in New York City with my family.
To stalk me further, you can check out my LinkedIn profile and twitter: @TalQuant.
Member for 9 years, 5 months
15 profile views
Last seen May 4 '12 at 19:33
- Quantitative Finance 12.5k 12.5k 55 gold badges5858 silver badges104104 bronze badges
- Personal Finance & Money 3.1k 3.1k 1212 silver badges1919 bronze badges
- Mi Yodeya 937 937 55 silver badges1919 bronze badges
- Academia 583 583 33 silver badges77 bronze badges
- History 473 473 33 silver badges99 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 50 How are startup shares worth more than the total investment funding?
- 47 How do I graphically represent the evolution of a covariance matrix over time?
- 46 How much data is needed to validate a short-horizon trading strategy?
- 40 Can game theory explain grade inflation?
- 36 Has high frequency trading (HFT) been a net benefit or cost to society?
- 33 How should I calculate the implied volatility of an American option in a real-time production environment?
- 31 Why do some anomalies persist while others fade away?
- View more network posts →