Once Upon a time a magical company called MagicDollars (for the sake of brevity for the rest of the answer we will refer to this company by its stock ticker M$) and this company made the most widely used, operating system, internet browser, office productivity suite, and various other products.
M$ had this great idea to just integrate all of its software so that they would all work together seamlessly. This would be great for users of this software since this would make doing things like importing a webpage in a Ward processing (because in magicland we have wards instead of words) document, seemlessly and natively.
But this would evidently make the software too good. And we cant have people getting software that is too good. Because then if another company came along with their own version of good software people will be too dumb to install and use that if they have the already integrated versions that were included. So the Neanderthal Union decreed that M$ was using its magical abilities to make things too difficult for smaller developers to create super complex applications that they must give away for free. And said you will no longer make things work together seemlessly.
And instead of extending their middle wand to the NeU and saying fine we shall no longer make software that can be used in the NeU... M$ bowed before the luddites and said ok. So now you can not rename a file from inside of your office productivity suite in Magicland.
Springfield, IL, USA
Member for 7 years, 9 months
45 profile views
Last seen Dec 19 '18 at 20:18
Top Network Posts
- 375 How to deal with an "I'm not paid enough to do this task" argument?
- 195 My boss is leaving the company. Should I tell senior management?
- 162 How do I go about resigning in a company that doesn't allow two weeks' notice?
- 156 My employer wants me to a sign an NDA that is backdated more than 2 years
- 131 Should I explain to other team members why I fired somebody?
- 111 What can I do to make a coworker's lack of effort more visible?
- 99 What is a relieving letter? What are the consequences of not having one?
- View more network posts →