Good Morning how are you, I'm dr jimbob
I'm interested in things.
I'm not a real dr,
But I am a real jim bob.
Have a PhD in Experimental High-Energy Physics, but left academia in mid-2010 to program professionally.
Mostly program/script in python, django, and jquery these days doing mostly web apps.
Also have experience programming in C, C++, java, haskell, php, and (bash) shell more in the past.
Linux as primary OS since 1999, ubuntu user since 2005 (Hoary).
Member for 9 years, 8 months
5 profile views
Last seen Nov 13 '14 at 9:13
- Information Security 37.8k 37.8k 88 gold badges8989 silver badges155155 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 15.3k 15.3k 44 gold badges5353 silver badges7474 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 2k 2k 11 gold badge1515 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- Ask Different 1.4k 1.4k 22 gold badges99 silver badges88 bronze badges
- Cryptography 1k 1k 77 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 242 Why shouldn't we roll our own?
- 163 How to explain Heartbleed without technical terms?
- 144 How to configure logging to syslog in Python?
- 128 How to upgrade OpenSSL in OS X?
- 127 On linux SUSE or RedHat, how do I load Python 2.7
- 115 What is a Warrant Canary?
- 103 In Python, how to display current time in readable format
- View more network posts →