I'm a Software Engineer at Google where I work on machine learning planning systems.
From 2001-2015 I was the Pixar Tech Lead of the Data Management Group. My 50-year charter was to store and catalog all data and metadata related to the Studio's feature films. This system ("Templar") is in use to this day.
From 1997 to 2001 I lived in Beijing, China and was the Chief Software Architect at AsiaInfo, the company that built China's Internet. While there my software was used to grow the China Internet from 200K to 65M users. The last I heard they were at 350M+ users.
I studied computer science and worked in Texas for many years. I wrote a couple of computer books... the best one was in print for 20 years.
Feel free to drop me a line!
- Stack Overflow 238k 238k 106106 gold badges283283 silver badges410410 bronze badges
- Electrical Engineering 9.4k 9.4k 2424 gold badges5656 silver badges8484 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 8.5k 8.5k 44 gold badges2121 silver badges4242 bronze badges
- Stack Apps 2.1k 2.1k 1010 silver badges11 bronze badge
- Ask Different 1.3k 1.3k 22 gold badges99 silver badges1212 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 5964 What is the difference between "INNER JOIN" and "OUTER JOIN"?
- 3261 grep a file, but show several surrounding lines?
- 1139 How do I determine the size of my array in C?
- 998 C: What is the difference between ++i and i++?
- 898 How do I determine the size of my array in C?
- 756 How do I unload (reload) a module?
- 591 What is Inversion of Control?
- View more network posts →