Former PhD-student in Artificial Intelligence, with extensive knowledge of programming, LaTeX (and friends) and font technology. I'm also fairly well versed in cognitive science.
Apart from knowledge in computers and programming, I'm a sceptic (and a Bright). I'm also well-read in dinosaur palaeontology (although strictly as an amateur with no practical experience).
I handle technical equipment for the Communications Division at the European Spallation Source ERIC in my day job.
Avid Gamer (table top- & video-), Role-player, SciFi-fan and heavy metal listener.
Member for 8 years, 10 months
1 profile view
Last seen Apr 26 '11 at 6:17
- TeX - LaTeX 3.8k 3.8k 22 gold badges1111 silver badges1010 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 704 704 55 silver badges66 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 688 688 77 silver badges77 bronze badges
- Physical Fitness 535 535 11 gold badge55 silver badges99 bronze badges
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 443 443 55 silver badges88 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 60 Does grep use a cache to speed up the searches?
- 32 Does standalone LaTeX exist?
- 28 Should you not work out within an hour of waking up?
- 23 Identifying a story about a girl who turn out to be an alien
- 17 What do you call somebody who asks a question and somebody who answers a question?
- 16 How to write units?
- 15 Which is which in XxY specifications (i.e. 5x5, 3x5, etc.)?
- View more network posts →