I am a software developer with a CS background. While my background in CS has armed me with the techniques, algorithms and tools to do my job; creating useful software for a real business requires a greater knowledge of both the problem domain and effective working practices than of the latest and greatest algorithms.
I'm very much into learning things from the ground up. I think that learning assembly language and C has made me a much better programmer.
Member for 9 years, 4 months
0 profile views
Last seen Nov 6 '11 at 18:50
- Stack Overflow 30.1k 30.1k 1212 gold badges7070 silver badges100100 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 914 914 66 silver badges66 bronze badges
- Super User 738 738 11 gold badge66 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- Server Fault 507 507 11 gold badge55 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 201 201 11 silver badge33 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 942 Any way to declare an array in-line?
- 390 Make xargs execute the command once for each line of input
- 109 Best way to handle list.index(might-not-exist) in python?
- 91 What is referential transparency?
- 73 How to validate an email address using a regular expression?
- 70 Can we have the ability to retract a close vote before it closes?
- 58 escaping formatting characters in java String.format
- View more network posts →
Keeping a low profile.
This user hasn't posted yet.
Nov 5 '11