I'm a hobbyist programmer, part-time sysadmin, and full-time data center management, automation, and cloud computing architect and delivery engineer.
I have experience with myriad editors, shells, and OSes. While I have my [strong] preferences, am pretty much beyond the religious wars of "what's best" when it comes to platform, editor, or toolset: if it works for the problem at hand, and you know it, it's [probably] worthwhile :)
Member for 9 years, 9 months
498 profile views
Last seen yesterday
- Stack Overflow 25.8k 25.8k 1616 gold badges7878 silver badges110110 bronze badges
- Server Fault 15.2k 15.2k 2121 gold badges6868 silver badges129129 bronze badges
- Christianity 12.1k 12.1k 44 gold badges3737 silver badges100100 bronze badges
- Super User 8.6k 8.6k 2222 gold badges7777 silver badges132132 bronze badges
- Area 51 7k 7k 11 gold badge44 silver badges9393 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 817 How to 'insert if not exists' in MySQL?
- 290 How do I get the current Unix time in milliseconds in Bash?
- 217 Asynchronous shell exec in PHP
- 207 When does `cron.daily` run?
- 190 Resizing an image in a post?
- 166 how to emulate "insert ignore" and "on duplicate key update" (sql merge) with postgresql?
- 159 How to setup passwordless `sudo` on Linux?
- View more network posts →