I am a scientist at Raytheon BBN Technologies and the University of Iowa. My research focuses on analyzing and engineering complex aggregates, such as engineered and natural cells, genetic regulatory networks, sensor networks, and robot swarms. Apparently, I also enjoy talking about scientific life with others online.
Folks interested in Synthetic Biology, please commit at the SynBio.SE Area51 proposal!
A hopefully useful talk that I gave: Surviving Life as a Researcher
- Academia 172.9k 172.9k 3838 gold badges616616 silver badges885885 bronze badges
- Biology 5.2k 5.2k 1919 silver badges4141 bronze badges
- The Workplace 976 976 77 silver badges1212 bronze badges
- Area 51 616 616 11 gold badge22 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- Bioinformatics 563 563 33 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 195 Referee says the proof is wrong, but it is not, what to do?
- 191 My paper is being cited in vaccine misinformation. What do I do?
- 159 Cannot present paper at conference. Instructor wants to move me to second author
- 152 Cheated on an exam when I was eight years old. Should I tell graduate admissions?
- 145 Is it ethical to limit marks based upon past performance?
- 129 Is it unethical/unscientific to omit outlier data in a publication when they are in FAVOR of your argument?
- 126 Can I add a baby as a co-author of a scientific paper, to protest against co-authors who haven't made any contribution?
- View more network posts →