Woof Woof - The Year of the Linux Desktop is here. Check out some scripts I wrote for the occasion: https://github.com/SurpriseDog
• LazyCron: Using Cron is nice if you have a server or never turn off your computer, but what if your laptop is asleep during the exact minute you have set to run your script? What if you have to reboot? Set a time window. Set a frequency. Set requirements like the computer must be idle, closed, plugged in or more all with an easy to use natural language text file.
• StarNamer: Go through a list of * imports for a script and replace them with the actual functions to be imported.
• StarWrangler: Go through the list of imported functions and generate a .py file containing all of the function code used and do so in the correct order with all the imports and global variables. A Useful way to only include the functions you need in a project.
• RegularRecycler: Scan through all trash folders on Linux system and delete files older than a given number of days or size in MB. Set it up with a LazyCron schedule to keep the Trash folder clear of old files.
• Readlines: A python module to access a HUGE text file in python without copying the whole thing into memory. Works exactly as if it were a list with [slicing:] indices.
Let me know if you find a bug.
- Worldbuilding 3.2k 3.2k 33 gold badges1414 silver badges3131 bronze badges
- Politics 1.6k 1.6k 33 gold badges99 silver badges3131 bronze badges
- Lifehacks 1k 1k 11 gold badge77 silver badges2525 bronze badges
- Bicycles 499 499 55 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- Physics 460 460 11 silver badge1111 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 69 How would a medieval village protect themselves against dinosaurs?
- 42 What would a life-form be like if it's antimatter-based
- 36 What reason would an alien civilization have for building a Dyson Sphere (or Swarm) if cheap Nuclear fusion is available?
- 34 How can I swallow pills more easily?
- 31 A new proposal suggests subdividing Washington D.C. into 127 new states so that they can change the Constitution at will. Is this possible?
- 25 Would an antimatter bullet fired from a sniper rifle even reach its target?
- 25 How can I swallow pills more easily?
- View more network posts →