I have completed my Masters in Public Health degree, and am working towards finding a job in advocacy for people with disabilities in my area.
I worked as an intern at the NYS Department of Health using MapInfo, Excel, and learned SQL and MapBasic to help do my job better and complete my masters degree in public health!
I am also deaf, and have a lot of experience related to advocacy, bilingualism, and deaf culture issues. I'm pretty open and outspoken about different issues that afflict deaf, hard of hearing, and other differently abled people, such as people with learning delays, in a wheelchair, etc.
My hobbies are cooking (Italian family, can't help it!) reading fantasy novels, rock climbing (indoors), and outdoor activities such as hiking and photography.
Top network posts
- 102 Complimenting a female co-worker without coming across as flirting?
- 18 How do I make it known to a group of friends that I need a little more patience to communicate with?
- 15 How do I explain to extended family/acquaintances that my husband has high-functioning Autism, and has particular habits?
- 15 How do I approach telling guests not to overstay their welcome?
- 14 How to motivate my lazy partner towards self improvement?
- 13 I slapped my 8 year old cousin. What was a better way to handle the situation?
- 13 How to tactfully communicate with ex-boyfriend about my personal choices?
- View more network posts →