For the past couple years I've been mostly developing web applications in Django. Python has become my go-to language, but I also have years of experience with C/C++, Java, PHP and a few others.
When I have some spare time, I like to mix things up and play around with Clojure. I'm also interested in machine learning and statistical data mining, but mostly as a hobby right now.
All of my personal systems run Linux (typically Ubuntu) as it tends to suit my tinkering nature more so than other operating systems. I try hard not to be dogmatic about such things, however.
I enjoy good discussions on programming, architecture and other software engineering topics. I pride myself in being pragmatic, curious, skeptic, practitioner, craftsman.
Kansas City, MO
Member for 9 years, 5 months
0 profile views
Last seen Jan 4 '12 at 16:23
- Stack Overflow 23k 23k 1212 gold badges7474 silver badges8989 bronze badges
- Server Fault 1.7k 1.7k 33 gold badges1717 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- Super User 250 250 22 silver badges88 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 191 191 33 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 171 171 33 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 384 Convert UTC datetime string to local datetime
- 175 How to view corresponding SQL query of the Django ORM's queryset?
- 136 Overriding urllib2.HTTPError or urllib.error.HTTPError and reading response HTML anyway
- 107 brew update: The following untracked working tree files would be overwritten by merge:
- 91 What are some example use cases for symbol literals in Scala?
- 87 When to use pip requirements file versus install_requires in setup.py?
- 86 In Python, how do I use urllib to see if a website is 404 or 200?
- View more network posts →