I am a retired database programmer. I have a masters in applied mathematics from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and a masters in pure mathematics from the University of Maine at Orono.
Should I ever down-vote a question or answer, I provide a comment explaining why.
However, I very rarely down-vote. Instead of down-voting I prefer to flag posts, usually answers, as low quality. I may also vote to delete low quality posts should they appear in the review queues. Occasionally, I even vote to close questions. I find this more effective than down-voting.
Miami Beach, FL, USA
Member for 9 months
2 profile views
Last seen Jun 17 '18 at 13:31
Top Network Posts
- 17 Is it possible when two people in a debate "throwing" "logical fallacy" to each other?
- 13 How can substance dualism survive the arguments from neuroscience?
- 13 Can time exist without change?
- 10 Is religion necessary for the good life?
- 9 Is "I cannot imagine a mechanism for X to happen, so X can never happen" a named logical fallacy?
- 9 How to disprove "I'm entitled to my opinion"
- 8 Is circular reasoning always a fallacy?
- View more network posts →