“Hobby programmer”, for 20+ years.
Primary languages include Assembler, Basic, (V)C(++), Pascal, PHP. Secondary languages include anything and everything.
I mostly do library and utility programming, creating either libraries of functions for use in other programs, or small, specific tools to do something that needs to be done but for which no existing programs already exist. (I can’t count the number of times that I’ve needed a program to do something, and finding no existing tools, had to resort to writing one myself.)
- Super User 65.2k 65.2k 3333 gold badges210210 silver badges342342 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 8.9k 8.9k 77 gold badges5959 silver badges9090 bronze badges
- Arqade 3.7k 3.7k 66 gold badges2929 silver badges5050 bronze badges
- Movies & TV 2.8k 2.8k 33 gold badges1717 silver badges3131 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 2.1k 2.1k 88 gold badges2323 silver badges3131 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 572 Why does pinging 192.168.072 (only 2 dots) return a response from 192.168.0.58?
- 239 Is 23,148,855,308,184,500 a magic number, or sheer chance?
- 194 Can AVI files contain a virus?
- 99 Can I restore closed tabs after quitting Chrome?
- 91 What ever happened to deltree, and what's its replacement?
- 90 Why do 7-zip / WinRAR unzip files to "temp" before moving them to their destination?
- 85 Configure Windows PowerShell to display only the current folder name in the shell prompt
- View more network posts →