“Hobby programmer”, for 20+ years.
Primary languages include Assembler, Basic, (V)C(++), Pascal, PHP. Secondary languages include anything and everything.
I mostly do library and utility programming, creating either libraries of functions for use in other programs, or small, specific tools to do something that needs to be done but for which no existing programs already exist. (I can’t count the number of times that I’ve needed a program to do something, and finding no existing tools, had to resort to writing one myself.)
- Super User 63k 63k 3232 gold badges197197 silver badges328328 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 8.3k 8.3k 66 gold badges5454 silver badges8686 bronze badges
- Arqade 3.5k 3.5k 66 gold badges2727 silver badges4848 bronze badges
- Movies & TV 2.8k 2.8k 33 gold badges1616 silver badges3131 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 2k 2k 88 gold badges2222 silver badges3030 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 570 Why does pinging 192.168.072 (only 2 dots) return a response from 192.168.0.58?
- 239 Is 23,148,855,308,184,500 a magic number, or sheer chance?
- 193 Can AVI files contain a virus?
- 98 Can I restore closed tabs after quitting Chrome?
- 86 What ever happened to deltree, and what's its replacement?
- 82 Why do 7-zip / WinRAR unzip files to "temp" before moving them to their destination?
- 81 In modern webbrowsers is there any point in putting www infront of a url that uses it?
- View more network posts →