To the learners of Russian,
My hope is that interest in learning Russian doesn't stem from, and greater familiarity with the Russian speaking countries doesn't result in, unconditional acceptance of and agreement with ways these countries function in and principles they rest upon which are in stark contrast with positive Western values... Enthusiastic fondness for and keen interest in a culture are fraught with danger to be all embracing, including of its ugly and regressive features. Critical thinking and level headed judgement need not be forsaken. If it walks, looks and quacks like a duck, then it must be a duck and not some unique cultural phenomenon to be accepted nonjudgementally.
What HTML tags are allowed on Stack Exchange sites?
A machine generated curiosities, texts syntactically more or less sound with zero sense, funny: http://archive.is/3vfoX
at your workplace the host is you
so pocket every little screw
you are the owner, guest you're not
take home from workplace every nut
Member for 1 year, 8 months
4 profile views
Last seen Jun 22 at 10:40
Top network posts
- 40 What are these Russian characters that aren't in the alphabet in my learning material?
- 21 Good for you! in Russian
- 18 Why do Russians call their women expensive ("дорогая")?
- 14 Meaning of "Похоже, ты к нему клеишься"
- 14 Usage of "же", why?
- 14 How to shortly translate "FAQ" into Russian?
- 13 Разница между "Зачем он это сделал?" и "Зачем он сделал это?"
- View more network posts →
Keeping a low profile.
This user hasn't posted yet.
Jan 13 '18