Surya Kanta Bose Chowdhury
Chemistry, Occult & Astrophysics freak
School Student at The Cambridge School, Kolkata (Class 11/AS Level)
Youtuber at Saturday Vines (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCV-3c0Nujr7Z69qOHaogZEg)
Facebook profile link: https://www.facebook.com/skbc003
Kshatriya varna by birth but definitely not by guna (qualities).
Ishta Devata: Lord Vishnu
Inspiration: Ramakrishna Paramahamsa, Chaitanya Mahaprabhu, Ramanujacharya, Jesus Christ, Kabir, Adi Shankaracharya, Swami Vivekananda, Prophet Muhammad, Moses, Gerald Gardner, Valiente Doreen
Favourite scriptures: Mahabharata, Srimad Bhagavatam, Matsya Purana, Vishnu Purana, Brahmavaivarta Purana, Garuda Purana, Padma Purana, Valmiki Ramayana, Ananda Ramayana, Adhyatma Ramayana, Chaitanya Charitamrita, Ramakrishna Kathamrita, Isha Upanishad, Narayana Upanishad, Mahanarayana Upanishad, Vasudeva Upanishad, Hayagreeva Upanishad, Dattatreya Upanishad, Gospel of Ebionites, Gospel of Thomas, Gospel of Mary, Gospel of John, Torah, Poetic Edda
Favourite verses from the Rig Veda:
oṃ tad viṣṇoḥ paramam padam sadā paśyanti sūrayaḥ (Rig Veda 1.22.20)
Vishnu occupies the paramount position. All demigods look always to his feet. (Rig Veda 1.22.20)
Vishnu is the most ancient of all, yet also the most recent. Nothing and no one creates Vishnu, yet Vishnu creates everyone and everything. (Rig Veda 1.156.2)
Now I shall recite the Vishnu Stuti:
शान्ताकारं भुजगशयनं पद्मनाभं सुरेशं विश्वाधारं गगनसदृशं मेघवर्णं शुभांगम् | लक्ष्मीकान्तं कमलनयनं योगिभिर्ध्यानगम्यं वंदे विष्णु भवभयहरं सर्वलोकैकनाथम् ||
Shaantaa-kaaram Bhujaga-Shayanam Padma-Naabham Suresham, Vishvaa-dhaaram Gagana-Sadrishyam Megha-Varnam Shubhangam | Lakshmi Kaantam Kamala Nayanam Yogibhir-Dhyaana Gamyam, Vande Visghnu Bhava Bhaya Haranam Sarva Lokaika Naatham ||
I bow to Lord Vishnu the One Master of the Universe, who is ever peaceful, who reclines on the great serpent bed, from whose navel springs the Lotus of the Creative Power;
Who is the Supreme Being, who supports the entire universe,
Who is all-pervading as the sky, who is dark like the clouds and has a beautiful form;
Who is the Husband of Devi Lakshmi, Whose Eyes are like Lotus and whom the yogis are able to perceive through meditation; Who is the destroyer of the fear of universe and Lord of All the universe, I again salute to you.
And lastly the Hare Krishna mahamantra:
Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare.
Kolkata, West Bengal, India
Member for 2 years, 4 months
3 profile views
Last seen Sep 12 '18 at 18:14
- Hinduism 15.4k 15.4k 33 gold badges2020 silver badges9090 bronze badges
- Politics 657 657 11 gold badge44 silver badges1212 bronze badges
- Movies & TV 542 542 11 gold badge44 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- Veganism & Vegetarianism 213 213 11 silver badge88 bronze badges
- Area 51 190 190 44 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 52 What are the reasons for the rise in Euroscepticism over the last few years?
- 27 Do any Vedic verses depict Lord Vishnu to be supreme?
- 24 Why did Albus Dumbledore's clothing change in the third movie?
- 19 Are there any scriptures that portray Lord Rama to be the source of all incarnations including Lord Vishnu?
- 16 Are there any scriptures that portray Lord Rama to be the source of all incarnations including Lord Vishnu?
- 14 How is the bloodpact between Dumbledore and Grindelwald even possible?
- 14 Is setting a goal useless if Bhagavad Gita says to work without expecting the rewards?
- View more network posts →
Keeping a low profile.
This user hasn't posted yet.
Aug 31 '17