Bioinformatician and data manager at the Max Planck Institute for Immunobiology and Epigenetics in Freiburg.
My background is human neurogenetics and ion channel biophysics...with a fair bit of programming as needed.
Top network posts
- 23 Convert a BAM file from one reference to another?
- 21 What is the fastest way to get the reverse complement of a DNA sequence in python?
- 18 What is the fastest way to calculate the number of unknown nucleotides in FASTA / FASTQ files?
- 18 Where does conda clean remove packages from?
- 17 Why would someone use a CRAM instead of a BAM?
- 15 Are soft-clipped bases used for variant calling in samtools + bcftools?
- 15 How exactly is "effective length" used in FPKM calculated?
- View more network posts →