I am a freelance bioinformatician working from Wellington, New Zealand. Most of my work is for researchers at the Malaghan Institute of Medical Research, where I'm learning about nanopore sequencing, immunology, cancer, and flow cytometry.
In my spare time, I do a bit of 3D printing and try to work out new ways to present DNA sequences to interested audiences.
I've given a TEDxWellington talk on nanopore sequencing, where I sequenced from a tomato source on stage. Check it out here.
Top network posts
- 21 What happens if a major bug is discovered in a bioinformatic package that has been used in published literature?
- 17 How can I improve a long-read assembly with a repetitive genome?
- 16 Obtaining uniquely mapped reads from BWA mem alignment
- 15 What is the difference between samtools, bamtools, picard, sambamba and biobambam?
- 13 How can I improve the yield of MinION sequencing runs?
- 13 Finding the location and unit length of repetitive sequences within a long read
- 13 How do I carry out an ancestry/admixture test on a single VCF file?
- View more network posts →