Hi! Welcome to my profile. My work can be divided into two projects: The Sphere and A theory of perspective
Project 1: The Sphere
The mission of The Sphere is to promote self-refection, the respect to others, the curiosity to what causes fear, and the courage to cut harmful things. The targets are people who are suffering (or creating suffering to others), yet resist others' supports to maintain status quo. This includes abusers and people who developed a worldview to justify their learned helplessness. The method is to equip their friends and loved ones the skills and knowledge to help them change their mind. For starter, read about social work case management and consequentialism.
Protectors of autonomy usually have a misconception that one's choice should always be respected, because their autonomy should always be respected. The fact is that it is only true in 99.999999% of cases, and the other 0.0000001% is people who internalized oppression. Therefore, only hoping for the best but leaving their situation intact is generally considered as undermining their autonomy. For starter, read about relational autonomy and decision-making capacity.
This project is written in Vietnamese. Its website attracted ~30k people in past year (~160 on average per day). Many of them are human right activists, psychologists, religion practitioners, academic researchers, artists, etc.
Project 2: A theory of perspective
Imagine a floating iceberg. The part above the water is the The Sphere project. The part below the water is this project. It is to construct a theory for the concept "perspective", as in "keep a fresh perspective", "look at the problem in a new perspective", "put yourself in other's perspective", etc. The concept is intuitive, but exactly what it is is still vague. Because of that, these advices are easier said than done. The take-home message is this "formula":
Challenging assumption = meaning shifting = perspective changing
Thank you for your visit, and I hope you enjoy them. Have a nice day.
- Academia 8.1k 8.1k 66 gold badges4141 silver badges104104 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 5.5k 5.5k 99 silver badges2929 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 3k 3k 88 gold badges3131 silver badges6868 bronze badges
- English Language Learners 2.3k 2.3k 77 gold badges2424 silver badges4848 bronze badges
- Super User 1.7k 1.7k 22 gold badges1313 silver badges3838 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 111 While showing my work to my supervisor, an adult website appeared. Am I in trouble?
- 79 Are TED presentations academically credible?
- 66 Is an up-to-date browser secure on an out-of-date OS?
- 63 What is the name of a small unluxurious restaurant?
- 51 Why would the government collect Wi-Fi SSIDs via manual door-to-door questioning of citizens?
- 48 Should I include funny pictures in my slides?
- 38 Why should browser security be prioritized?
- View more network posts →