James S. Cook
I'm hoping this site gives a place where we can openly discuss plans for courses, success/failure of past designs and just generally how we envision math courses now and in the future. I'd also be happy if we could discuss how we ideally see the mentoring relationship in math. Booklist, ideal course lists, target graduate schools, how to study for the GRE. All these entirely too specific horrible not archive quality questions I envision. I envision a site where we can help each other as teachers help our students more effectively.
Member for 7 years, 2 months
13 profile views
Last seen Feb 23 '15 at 6:27
- Mathematics 15.6k 15.6k 22 gold badges3737 silver badges9090 bronze badges
- Mathematics Educators 8.7k 8.7k 11 gold badge2222 silver badges5151 bronze badges
- MathOverflow 433 433 33 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- History of Science and Mathematics 233 233 11 silver badge66 bronze badges
- Academia 223 223 33 silver badges99 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 49 Better Proofs Than Rudin's For The Inverse And Implicit Function Theorems
- 37 Rigour in mathematics
- 27 What are some examples of when Mathematics 'accidentally' discovered something about the world?
- 26 history of the double root solution of $ay''+by'+cy=0$
- 25 Derivative of matrix exponential wrt to each element of Matrix
- 25 Intuition about pullbacks in differential geometry
- 24 Should we avoid indefinite integrals?
- View more network posts →