James S. Cook
I'm hoping this site gives a place where we can openly discuss plans for courses, success/failure of past designs and just generally how we envision math courses now and in the future. I'd also be happy if we could discuss how we ideally see the mentoring relationship in math. Booklist, ideal course lists, target graduate schools, how to study for the GRE. All these entirely too specific horrible not archive quality questions I envision. I envision a site where we can help each other as teachers help our students more effectively.
Member for 5 years, 6 months
13 profile views
Last seen Feb 23 '15 at 6:27
- Mathematics 13.6k 13.6k 22 gold badges3131 silver badges7575 bronze badges
- Mathematics Educators 6.2k 6.2k 11 gold badge1616 silver badges4343 bronze badges
- MathOverflow 268 268 11 silver badge99 bronze badges
- Area 51 201 201 22 bronze badges
- History of Science and Mathematics 168 168 66 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 46 Better Proofs Than Rudin's For The Inverse And Implicit Function Theorems
- 36 Rigour in mathematics
- 27 What are some examples of when Mathematics 'accidentally' discovered something about the world?
- 22 What seemingly innocuous results in mathematics require advanced proofs?
- 22 history of the double root solution of $ay''+by'+cy=0$
- 20 Intuition about pullbacks in differential geometry
- 20 Should we avoid indefinite integrals?
- View more network posts →