Proposal: Space Exploration and Technology
Right now, we are looking pretty solid for a proposal in the commitment phase. By the books, we need the following to get started:
- 112 more commiters, of any reputation level.
- 36 committers active on Stack Exchange, having at least 200 on a site.
- 31% commitment score higher.
The commitment score is a bit tricky to really gauge, but I'm fairly confident that if we can get the first two, the commitment score will fall into place.
So, how can we get these groups of people? What can you do to make this happen?
- Out reach to existing communities. A few, just to give some examples, would be Unmanned Space Flight, the Planetary Society, the Mars Society, and others.
- Encourage those who have joined and are new to stack exchange to join other stack exchange sites. They may be interested in Physics, Electrical Engineering, Stack Overflow (Programming), Super Users (General Computers), Science Fiction and Fantasy, or perhaps even some other hobbies of theirs. For a complete list, hit the small stack exchange logo at the top left, then click all sites. Or just look below to get the biggest sites.
- Encourage your friends who care about space exploration to commit to this site!
- Hang out in some of the chatrooms mentioned, and if the topic of space exploration comes up, refer people to this proposal.
- Post your own ad for this site as a community promotion ad. See an example on the Physics Site.