There is a lot of talk about merging sites, but I can't find anywhere any explanation of this process. I have read the FAQ, and as many of the questions on this topic as I can find, but nowhere can I find definitive answers to these questions.
- Does merging really exist?
- How do we trigger a merge?
- Who can trigger a merge? A Moderator, or does the community have to vote?
- What happens to all of the Followers, Commiters and Questions of the two merged proposals? Are they all combined, or are some of them lost?
- If two sites both have more than 50% of the required followers and definition questions, then does the merged site instantly go into commitment?
- If two sites both have more than 50% of the required committers etc, then does the merged site instantly go into beta?
- Is all of this in a FAQ somewhere? If not, why not?