Proposal: Space Exploration and Technology
Here is a broad list of what I would consider to be on topic for this site. I welcome commentary to improving this list.
Planning through end of life for any kind of space mission, as done though a person serious about a potential space mission. Any topics relating to this are on topic. Some sub topics include:
- How to optimize science returns
- How to launch the spacecraft
- Optimizing the lifetime of the spacecraft while on orbit.
- How to set optimal requirements
- How to dispose of the spacecraft now that it's life is over.
- What are alternatives to using a spacecraft.
- Understanding the environment of space
- Testing requirements
- Ground Station creation and maintenance
- Finding proposals for space and space related missions.
Enthusiast/ Advanced Amateur questions about space missions
- Discussions about current space missions from an enthusiasts point of view.
- Amateur rocketry (Custom made rockets at a minimum, no kits)
- How things work on a spacecraft
- Studying current or past space missions.
- Discussion of enthusiast organizations (Planetary Society, Mars Society, etc)
History and future of spacecraft
- Anything historical of the non-general reference variety relating to space.
- Manned missions to other planets