- Visas — all expats, unless they become naturalized, anyway obey visa requirements. Those requirements may be different (e.g. between tourist/guest vs. marriage/work/student visas), but still they are are governed by the same laws and regulations;
- Health and accommodation issues are essentially the same, except slight varieties between short- and long-term healthcare and property rent contracts;
- There are many communities (usually, country-specific) where tourists and expats co-exist well. And often these communities still lack traffic. :) On the other hand, I have never seen a pure expat forum.
- Out of 28 sample Q's so far, 10 apply very well to both tourists and expats.
- Out of 100 recent Q's on Travel I've counted 19 that are also important for expats.
So separating Travel and Expats simply exposes a risk for both projects for being closed due to lack of traffic.