There's many stack overflow languages based proposal on area51
- Stack Overflow (in French)
- Stack Overflow (in Persian)
- Stack Overflow (in German)
- Stack Overflow in Polish
- Stack Overflow (in Chinese)
- Stack Overflow (in Hindi)
- Stack Overflow (in Italian)
- Stack Overflow (in Greek)
- Stack Overflow (in Russian)
- Stack Overflow (in Portuguese)
- Stack Overflow (in Spanish)
- Stack Overflow (in Turkish)
Many of them will never reach the beta stage.
But for those a slim chance I'm not sure the "Stack Overflow" Model" is understood or the right choice.
If I look at 3 out of the 5 top example questions in my birth language (French)
- Should code be commented in English or French?
- How to internationalise an existing project?
- I'm looking for a tutorial...
Those 3 questions would not be accepted on SO as not constructive or not a real questions.
In my opinion the languages based sites must be a mix of Stack Overflow, Meta, Super User, Server Fault, Web Apps, ... to be able to reach a sufficient enough audience.
A first level of obligatory tag can be used like with meta, to choose which site the question would have been posted on in English.
A 2nd level of optional tags to specify the type of request
And then additional tags like any SE sites.
The 3 levels of tags can use different colors like area51
I don't think if this model can be implemented easily, but a beta on one of the language based Stack Overflow can prove if this model is viable.