It seems to me that a large part of the manufacturing process is designing the model you want to make. Is this a good place to discuss:
- The pro's and con's of different modeling software
- The pro's and con's of different software for driving machines
- How to achieve X in program Y (e.g. "How do I split a model in half using netfabb/openSCAD?"
- What software can be used with a given machine, and
- What file formats are needed for a given machine
Are any of these not the sort of thing that should be asked here? (e.g. comparisons of software can probably be found on wikipedia fairly easily, and so shouldn't be here)
Are there other software-related questions that might belong here?