On all of the normal Stack Exchange sites, even without edit privileges, you can edit something and have that end up in the review bucket. However, it seems that this has not been brought to Area 51. Is there a reason why?
There are a number of reasons:
- Area 51 runs on an older code branch of the Stack Exchange platform, so there are a number of features available on other Stack Exchange sites that aren't available on this site.
- Area 51 requires 1000 rep to edit without needing review. On Stack Overflow, you need 2000 rep for that privilege.
- Edits are largely used to re-format code and to make corrections in lengthy posts. As neither of those issues can exist on Area 51, editing isn't as useful here.
- There aren't that many high-rep users on Area 51, so suggested edits might have lengthy waits before being reviewed.
- And probably a few others, as well.
If you see something you really think needs to be fixed ASAP, flag it!