Proposal: Drawing and Painting
Is a site for drawing and painting needed? Here are some of the arguments both ways:
- Questions about traditional drawing and painting are on-topic for the Arts and Crafts site, and questions about digital drawing and painting are on-topic for the Graphic Design site. There's no need for an additional site.
- People haven't asked very many questions about drawing and painting, so a site for drawing and painting wouldn't see much activity. As of right now, the Graphic Design site has 160 questions tagged "drawing" and 36 tagged "painting". The Arts and Crafts site has 26 for "drawing", 11 for "painting", and 11 for "paint".
- Questions about drawing and painting wouldn't be a good fit for Stack Exchange, because they are usually very subjective and opinion-based.
- Questions about traditional and digital drawing/painting shouldn't be split up between two different sites. There should be a single site for both traditional and digital work.
- It's not clear that questions about drawing and painting are on-topic for the Arts and Crafts and Graphic Design sites. The "what topics can I ask about?" page for the Graphic Design site doesn't mention either drawing or painting. The same page for the Arts and Crafts site doesn't contain any content at all.
- There are already sites for music and photography that seem to be doing well. Drawing/painting is an equally broad subject with just as much opportunity for questions and answers.
- The Code Review and Programmers sites have mostly subjective questions, but those sites are doing well. Questions about drawing and painting would be an equally good fit for Stack Exchange.