Proposal: Veganism and Vegetarianism
When I originally created the proposal I was advised to disallow ethical questions as the tend to be opinionated and subjective.
However, it's inevitable that questions relating to ethics are going to be asked - whether they come from a religious, spiritual or logical standpoint I can see questions being asked which do have legitimate, concrete answers.
So far I've thought of a few for and againsts for allowing Ethics:
- Will potentially get more too-localised/opinion-related questions (e.g. "Is it wrong to keep my leather jacket after going Vegan?")
- May make people feel less welcome/"bad" (I would like for it to be a place omnivores can find answers to interesting questions without leaving feeling angry/upset)
- Wider scope of interesting questions
- As mentioned, there are multiple other sites that have Ethical questions
- There are value judgements that fall into the scope of Ethics (e.g. Why do Vegetarians not eat Fish?)
- Ethics is one of three main areas of Veganism in particular along with Health and Environment, excluding it would be similar to Christianity excluding the Old Testament
What do people think?