There was enough commitment and last I checked it SO was waiting for the translation.
So what happened?
It was closed as not currently feasible by Tim Post♦ on Nov 9 '15
This proposal requires technical or personnel resources that Stack Exchange currently lacks in order to proceed. If these circumstances change, we will open a new discussion to announce that.
Unfortunately, we are not currently accepting proposals for non-English sites — See Internationalization 'State of the Stack'