Proposal: Arts and Crafts
Looking at the example questions, there's a lot of mechanical how-to and tools use and not as much as I was expecting on the, for want of a better word, artistry side of things, like composition and aesthetics - the qualitative stuff, skills and techniques that aren't specific to one tool or craft.
Is this a deliberate choice or did the example questions just go that way?
Over at the graphic design site (which also includes graphic arts, illustration, digital painting etc), we encourage both types of questions and have quite a few good drawing questions along these lines.
Would questions like these be welcome here:
- How to capture likeness in a portrait?
- How can a design be balanced and yet have a focal point?
- I'm trying to make my character look big, strong, and imposing, but it always ends up cute and fat. What am I doing wrong?
- What are the benefits of making gesture drawings?
- Why do yellow and red look good together in this photo?
- How to improve angle and proportion perception?