I have submitted 14 questions in the Economics beta, but I still haven't fulfilled my commitment. How do I?
As far as I can tell, the requirements are as follows:
- The site needs to have entered public beta.
- You need to have made at least 10 posts (questions or answers) on the main site (not meta). Alternatively, you need to earn the "Beta" badge and make at least 7 posts on the main site.
- Those posts need to be well-received (positive scores, and not closed or deleted).
- The "commitment fulfillment script" needs to have run (checking that the above conditions have been met is slow, so this only happens once a day).
Do you know why users like Greg: mattermodeling.stackexchange.com/users/91/greg?tab=topactivity, and Felipe: mattermodeling.stackexchange.com/users/63/… are listed on Area51 as having Fulfilled Commitment, even though they've only made 7 and 9 posts respectively (not 10)? Oct 23, 2020 at 19:04
It's possible that they had ten posts at some point in the past, but have since deleted some of them.– MarkOct 23, 2020 at 20:17
Of course, but in this case they don't have any deleted posts, so this tickled my curiosity. They also both have no Meta posts. They are both very active in voting and other things, so they have plenty of badges, but do badges count towards commitment? I certainly never thought so. It's a puzzling case to me! Oct 23, 2020 at 20:18
There seem to be two requirements for this, although there is only Q&A and official confirmation lacks:
- Beta has gone public.
- You need to make 10 posts with a positive score.
(either questions or answers, and meta does not count).
Finally you need to add some time for the update script to run and actually show the fulfilled commitment. Seems all is in place for you by now.
1. Is the commitment fulfillment process changed or broken?
2. Is it possible to fulfill the commitment after private beta?