It's been only one week since we started the commit phase and we already have almost 100 commiters. That's really great and it demonstrates that CiviCRM community is strong and eager to improve mutual support.
Almost everyone commited in this project is new to Stack Exchange, so the challenge will be to find 100 person with 200+ rep in any other stack exchange website.
2 possible ways :
- get some Stack Exchange users from other community (Drupal, WordPress, ...) to come support us
- build up our rep in at least one other Stack Exchange website
Personally, it took me about 1 week to get 200rep in http://drupal.stackexchange.com and i see several other people having done the same or close to do it. It is quite some job but it's doable.
Most of us will find it easier to gain rep by asking or answering CiviCRM questions. So, why not start using drupal.SE, joomla.SE or wordpress.SE to ask for questions about CiviCRM.
It will fill several needs :
- get into the habit of using SE and see if it's a good option for us
- answering real CiviCRM problems that people are having right now
- get the rep we need to eventually get to next phase
What do you think ?