Since this site is now in beta, it is time to have these conversations with the folks who are actually building this site. Please bring your comments and discussions to this site's 'meta' support forum so not to split these conversations. Thanks.
Proposal : Web Designing
I think many of the users are confused with the scope of Web Designing which says
Proposed Q&A site for professional web designers and all web developers searching for new web site design standards, tools, tips and tricks
- Discussing for Tools : We have Softwarerecs.SE
- Tips & Tricks : I feel this is kiddish. If we further break this down, "Tips" will be opinion based and tricks, well.. I can't describe this.
- New Website Design Standards : Well, we can obviously discuss over latest design standards, like not to use old doctypes, etc. but again, this will be a discussion and not answering
So is that all we are going to do here? We need to decide a precise scope before this site moves to beta or start expecting questions like
- I want to convert this theme, please help me
- [User shares a pic] and he asks, please give me some tips to enhance the UI
So I would like to clear the scope by asking few questions here, which can be answered with simple yes or no, with a valid reason :
So is _ _ _ _ _ on topic?
- Asking for jQuery Plugin, Dev Tools, Software etc
- Asking for tips (if yes than what kind)
- Are we going to accept Q/A with codes like HTML/CSS/JS/jQuery/CSS Frameworks [This is important]
- Asking for UI, we have a site for that too
- Web Developer related questions, like why prefer CDN compared to hosting files on our own server (Am asking this because I saw few questions in the definition mode)
I hope user answers and clears up the scope for the website so thats its easy for other users to understand the site better...