Proposal: Mathematics Learning, Studying, and Education
In a vote to decide the name of the site proposal dedicated to question around teaching mathematics it seems that the proposal Math Educators might win; however, in comments there were users that supported the proposal but said that it should better be Mathematics Educators.
The purpose of this vote/poll/survey is to get a feel for the general opinion on this matter.
The initial options I seeded the vote with are
- I prefer Math Educators but have no strong preference
- I prefer Mathematics Educators but have no strong preference
- I prefer Math Educators and this is important to me (please explain in a comment why).
- I prefer Mathematics Educators and this is important to me (please explain in a comment why).
- The options Math Educators and Mathematics Educators to me are about equal.
Please upvote the answer closest to your opinions (downvotes on answers will not be taken into account, and please do not cast them). Please also only use the "important" options if this is actually the case.
I did not include "maths" as an option as it was not actually proposed and there are several opitions already.
The vote ends on/around March 7th (the current official end of the vote on the name); this is perhaps a bit short but then this is somehow only a detail. [Added: in some sense this is already over now, since a change happened as commitment progressed faster than it seemed.]
Do not suggest completely different names as an answer (this is a side-vote of the general vote); but feel free to add other answers in a similar spirit if you feel some option is missing.
I did on purpose not fix a hard rule how to assign weights to the different options; this could be discussed and also might and rather should be informaed by the quality of the arguments given for "important."