There are a number of example questions that indicate support for ebook production as on-topic:
- How can I convert a Word document into an e-book?
- What tools are there to modify (split, merge, ...) [fileformat:epub, other?] ebook formats?
- Aside from being usable on different readers and DRM: Are there differences in the features implemented in epub and mobi?
- I plan to self publish my e-book. What format should I use to reach the largest audience?
- I've got a bunch of pdfs made from scans of old typewritten documents. Is there any pre-processing I can do to make them more readable on the Kindle?
- Which are easy-to-use programs to create simple ebooks (but with chapter marks and toc) from copy/pasted plain text?
- Is there a native Linux application that can take a set of HTML files as input and produce a .MOBI file?
- How can I automate fetching news from a website or RSS feed and creating e-books on my device for off-line reading?
- Which e-book format best preserves the formatting and layout of text on both the Kindle and Nook?
There's always the chance that the scope will change at launch, but the current scope certainly seems to include ebook publication in all its complexity.