I would like to open a discussion on the scope of the Artificial Intelligence proposal. In the last Machine Learning proposal there was some confusion about the scope we wanted, and it never really got resolved. Instead of putting it off until later, I think it would be beneficial to define the scope from the start.
This Q&A is for the theory, system design and analysis of intelligent machines and software.
- a specific AI problem
- an AI algorithm
- use of software tools commonly used by AI professionals
- practical, answerable problems that are unique to the AI profession
Questions to avoid:
- every answer is equally valid: “What’s your favorite ______?”
- your answer is provided along with the question, and you expect more answers: “I use ______ for ______, what do you use?”
- there is no actual problem to be solved: “I’m curious if other people feel like I do.”
- you are asking an open-ended, hypothetical question: “What if ______ happened?”
- your question is just a rant in disguise: “______ sucks, am I right?”
The above is just a tentative definition in reference to other SE sites. I think everyone would agree on the above since its pretty basic. Make an answer for anything that should be added or deleted, and we will vote on it.